Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Post Seminar Update

Wow!!
The Sound Doctrine Seminar Series Event was a great success!
For those that weren't aware, Guitar Center Cleveland decided to co-sponsor the event with me! Dave Kennedy worked out all the details and got them to officially step in and help out! Big thanks!!

I arrived early on Saturday morning and made sure everything was in place. Guests came in right on time and we had a few moments to hang out and talk before the official start. There were many several churches and denominations present. I was pleased to find out that my online registration/payment process had been succesful for many in the group.

The morning session flew by quickly and a lot of information was exchanged.
After completing a good portion of "Flow with Me: The Basics of Sound and Sound Systems", we took a break before the hands on session. The group made it clear that they learned a lot when I inquired at the morning break.

Dave Kennedy from Guitar Center brought 3 hands on stations that had EQ, compression and gating for the attendees to work on during our breakout session. He did a great job of working with each person individually. While he had a few, I was also taking time to address questions from the remainder of the group. The attendees let me know that this was the best part of the day, so as a result I decided to re-work the afternoon to be more hands on. Instead of just talking about best practices we actually did them. Thanks to the Anointed Gates musicians, we had a live band to work with. We took the time to examine the mic'ing on the drums and were able to make a HUGE difference in the sounds! We corrected improper mic techniques and discussed what types of mics should be used as well as their placement. We even did some trouble shooting in a "real world" situation!

The turn out was good and all that attended expressed how much the fellowship and information had blessed them. I have a video and audio recording of the first half of the event, since I redid the afternoon session I haven't reviewed the footage yet but I hope to make it into my first video podcast!

The next Seminar will be held soon! Possibly as early as the last week in August, late as the end of September.

Until then remember It's about Sound, Not Doctrine!
Joint Heir Website

No comments: